Friday, November 2, 2007

Days 2 and 3

For the next couple of days, Bill, Tony and I trailed along behind the race with the car on the trailer. It was a hell of a lot more relaxing than racing, we were waiting the in the Zocolo drinking beers as the cars rolled in with tired and hungry racers. I put the word out that I was looking for a ride, and heard that a guy, Mike Anderson, needed one because his co-driver had flown home. I think the Co-driver was just in over his head.

I met Mike, and got assurances that he was going to behave himself and listen to the co-driver. I checked out the car for safety equipment and agreed to co drive for him. I was back in the race, starting again on the fourth day. Mike had bought the car from a junk yard for $350. He had less than $5000 into it, making it by far the cheapest car there. He also had the most original paint job...

No comments: